Come & make a difference at OracleBio
Our success is down to the quality of our team and we are always on the lookout for ambitious, hard working individuals to join us. We’re a dynamic company with a positive working environment that is both challenging and rewarding. We provide:
• Competitive salary
• A commitment to ongoing training and development
• 32 days holiday a year
• Work from home days
• On-site gym facilities
• Contributory pension scheme
Histopathology Image Analysis Scientist - Entry Level
This is an opportunity to join OracleBio, a Scottish-based, specialised contract research organisation providing digital pathology services to the Pharmaceutical and Biotech sector. As a company, we are pioneering the use of digital pathology in R&D and have a client base including a number of the top 10 Pharmaceutical companies. We are looking to expand and strengthen our operations by employing a Histopathology Image Analysis Scientist to join the team at an exciting time in OracleBio’s evolution.
The candidate will be expected to carry out computer-based image analysis of histopathology sections to generate high quality quantitative data for our clients. Working as part of a friendly and efficient team, the Image Analysis Scientist would be expected to demonstrate excellent attention to detail as they combine their biology knowledge with good computing skills.
- Relevant life science degree
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Experience of histology/immunohistochemistry/image analysis would be beneficial.
- Previous experience of working within a CRO would be advantageous
- Digitally scanning histology slides to generate digital images using their slide scanner
- Performing image analysis using state-of-the-art image analysis systems
- Extracting and summarising data using Excel data spreadsheets
- Graphing data and carrying out statistical analysis.
- Contributing to the generation of high-quality written data reports.
- Ensuring client image analysis study requirements are fully implemented through efficient communication methods including e-mail, teleconferences, online meetings or face to face meetings.
If you’re interested in this role, please get in touch. We’d love to hear from you.
Ready for your next challenge?