Immune and Inflammatory Cell IHC Analysis
Immune and inflammatory cell IHC analysis allows quantification of various lymphocyte populations (B cells, T cells, Natural killer cells etc.) and inflammatory cells (macrophages, neutrophils etc.) within tumor tissue. Quantifying changes in numbers of specific cell types can help confirm the mechanism of action of immunotherapies within tumors. Co-localisation of different cell markers on the surface of cell types can further characterise therapeutic response on the functional status or sub-type lineage of immune/inflammatory cells within the tumor microenvironment.
Overlay showing FoxP3 (green), CD8 (red) and Dual (blue) stained cell detection
Once we receive your slides or images for evaluation, we develop customised algorithms tailored to the specific question of interest. This may include quantification of single or dual IHC stained lymphocyte populations (CD3, CD4, CD8+, FoxP3, CD45+, CD19+, CD20+ etc.) or inflammatory cells (CD68, F4/80 macrophages, Neutrophils etc.) within defined regions of interest within tumor tissue. We analyse each section in a consistent, detailed way to generate data which is fully representative of the staining and cellular distribution present in your tissue samples.
Whole tissue section showing FoxP3 (green) and CD8 (red) cell detection overlay
- Area of specific tissue regions of interest (ROI) including Tumor, Stroma & Necrotic content across whole section.
- Number of single or dual IHC positive stained cells per mm2 of tissue ROI.
- Area of positive IHC cellular staining (mm2) per tissue ROI and as a % of the ROI area.
- Total number of cells (stained and unstained) per mm2 of ROI or whole tissue section.
FoxP3 CD8 Data
- Receive highly detailed data quantifying immune / inflammatory cell populations across individual whole tissue sections or within defined regions of interest.
- Our automated batch analysis service objectively analyses each section using the same algorithm to reduce variability and improve data quality and interpretation.