Don’t miss the next edition!
Sign up to our newsletter and automatically receive our quarterly wrap-ups, insights & news 📨
Welcome to the OracleBio Q2 2022 Wrap-Up.
In this edition, we wrap up all our highlights from the previous 3 months.
There’s a lot to cover, so grab a tea or coffee! ☕
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Using AI to assess Tertiary Lymphoid Structures in H&E and mIF stained Liver tissue
Karen McClymont – Senior Image Analysis Scientist, describes some recent work where we utilized quantitative digital pathology techniques to assess TLS in haematoxylin and eosin (H&E) and multiplex immunofluorescence (mIF) stained liver tissue.
The integration of Deep Learning methods to improve Nuclei Detection and Segmentation
Marianne Cowan – Senior Image Analysis Scientist, discusses different methods to detect and segment nuclei and in particular, gives examples of how AI Deep Learning methods are increasingly being applied within our OracleBio to streamline our image analysis workflow.
Hot Off the Press
- Scientific posters – Two new OracleBio posters created in collaboration with Gilead and Bristol Myers Squibb — presented at the Digital Pathology & AI Congress, New York
- Podcast clip – OracleBio’s Chief Scientific Officer, Lorcan Sherry, shares his thoughts on the impact Digital Pathology is having on Spatial Omics
- New appointment – We’re delighted to welcome our new HR Business Partner, Alida Buchan, who’ll be supporting the growth and development of the OracleBio team
- Scientific poster – OracleBio analysis data is presented at the American Society of Clinical Oncology 2022 (ASCO), in collaboration with TriStar & Ultivue
- STEM activity – We were delighted to re-start our STEM activities, with our scientists sharing their knowledge and journey in science with local college students
- Brochure – OracleBio’s translational biomarker services and how we help maximise our clients’ chances of success in clinical trials
Image Analysis Tips
Absolutely. Our clinical pathologists are fully integrated within our digital pathology workflow, contributing to tissue annotation, algorithm validation, and QC of data. Our platforms even allow us to work collaboratively with your own pathologists if required.
Q: “My Histopathology images are proving quite complex to analyse, can OracleBio help?”
We certainly can, and we’re happy to receive example images for an initial assessment by our scientists. We would then be able to advise you on what’s feasible with image analysis and provide you with an estimated cost for the study.
Q: “How do I go about sending you my Histopathology images?”
We have a secure cloud server that allows easy upload/ download of images and data from your computer. Our team will provide you with login details for your own dedicated study folder and are on hand to guide you through the process.
Q: “How quickly can I get my data?”
Our purpose-built Digital Pathology computing infrastructure ensures data turnaround is not impacted by processing limitations like most traditional IT models. We can process a high number of images simultaneously rather than one by one, ensuring large studies can be turned around in a fraction of the time.
Have a question for us? You can ask us here.
I hope you enjoyed this quarter’s wrap-up!
If you’d like to find out more about any of the topics covered or would like to arrange a chat with our experts regarding a study, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
And if you’d like to receive our newsletter automatically in the future, don’t forget to sign up.
Mark and the OracleBio team
About the author:
Mark Laurie — Marketing Manager at OracleBio
With over a decade in senior marketing and sales roles within the IT, technology, and entertainment sectors, Mark brings a fresh perspective and unique skill set to lead OracleBio’s global marketing and communications efforts; helping share our story and build our community.
Find out about OracleBio's Pathology Expertise
Learn about our GCP Image Analysis Services
Speak to our experts
Planning your study and need advice on your image analysis? We’d love to chat!